By Tami Reuter, North Mankato Foundation Director
You can make a difference in the life of a student through your support to the SCC North Mankato Campus Foundation. Every gift impacts our students, no matter the size.
SCC Foundation depends on individuals, businesses and foundations for help in maintaining the quality of student learning to make the dream of a college education a reality.
Some gifts to the Foundation enable us to offer scholarships to a number of deserving students (check out the link: http://southcentral.edu/galleries/scholarship to the photos from 2012 Scholarship Ceremony, sponsored by MN Soybean Research & Promotion Council). Other contributions help us acquire new instructional equipment or launch a special project. Some gifts are also endowed, which is essential to the long-term sustainability of the Foundation's efforts.
“SCC scholarships made a significant difference in my ability to complete my degree while raising my family. I am thankful for my education and the opportunity to find meaningful employment in the area.”
2010 & 2011 Scholarship Recipient
2012 Mechatronics Graduate
EI Microcircuits Employee
"SCC was my first choice. I always wanted to be a nurse, and SCC provided an affordable way to get a quality, hands-on education. The coursework was challenging, so the scholarship I received allowed me the chance to focus on my studies and graduate sooner."
2009 & 2010 Scholarship Recipient
2011 R.N. Graduate
Mayo Clinic Health System
"Graduates with a two year degree from a college like SCC continue to be very important to our industry. The need for such degrees will continue to grow in importance in the workplace. A degree from SCC is truly a "win – win" for both the graduates as well as the multitude of industries that benefit from these graduates, and this is why we are excited to support SCC."
Mike & Cathy Brennan
"At Kato Engineering we support the college through the annual fund drive, technical assistance, and hiring of current students and alumni, because we believe in its mission. We must accept the challenge as a community to support SCC so it can continue to enhance our quality of life and sustain its role as an ambassador for us all."
Vice President & General Manager
Proud to employ over 50 SCC Graduates
2012 Community Campaign Begins SCC North Mankato Campus Foundation's 19th Annual Fund Drive began September 14, and volunteers have been busy making calls throughout Mankato, North Mankato and the surrounding communities. Mike Brennan of Brennan Companies and Jay Thompson of U.S. Bank, are chairing this year's campaign. The following individuals also are leading our teams of volunteers: Linda Annis, Mankato Clinic; Marcia Bahr, Mankato Clinic Foundation; Eric Peters, First National Bank; Dave Knopick, Northern Star Bank; Alan Kiefer, ProGrowth Bank; JO Guck Bailey, Radio Mankato; Mike Atherley, Wells Fargo; and Duane Olenius, Pioneer Bank.
Many businesses and individuals have increased their contributions this year, and several new donors have contributed. A HUGE thank you to all of our generous donors and all of our wonderful volunteers who are spending their time and energy to benefit the students and programs at South Central College!
2012 Faculty/Staff Fund Drive
SCC staff and faculty members will have the opportunity to support
SCC's foundations during our 2012 Faculty/Staff Fund Drive.
"Biggest Winner" is this year's theme as a team of internal "personal
trainers" are helping us create awareness of this year's efforts.
- SCC North Mankato Campus Foundation News 1 September, 2012
- SCC North Mankato Campus Foundation News 2 September 2012
- SCC North Mankato Campus Foundation News
- SCC North Mankato Campus Foundation News April 2012
- SCC North Mankato Campus Foundation News March 2012
- N. Mankato Foundation News - Feb. 2012
- SCC North Mankato Campus Foundation News - October 2011
- 2011 N. Mankato Scholarship Award Photos
- SCC North Mankato Campus Foundation News - May 2011
- SCC North Mankato Campus Foundation News - April 2011
- SCC North Mankato Campus Foundation News - March 2011
- SCC North Mankato Campus Foundation News - February 2011
- SCC Academic Honors List, Fall 2010
- SCC North Mankato Campus Foundation News - December 2010
- North Mankato Campus Foundation News - November 2010
- North Mankato Campus Foundation Update - October 2010
- North Mankato Campus Foundation Update - May 2010
- North Mankato Campus Foundation Update - March 2010
- The Mankato Clinic Foundation awards $16,000 grant to South Central College - February 2010
- Mankato Campus Foundation Update - February 2010