By Tami Reuter, North Mankato Foundation Director
Scholarship Application Deadline is March2, 2012. Please encourage your returning students to apply. 3100 postcards have been mailed to students with less than 30 credits and all our admitted students for Fall 2012. Thanks for your help in promoting our deadline!
SCC Chevy Cruze!
Director of Admissions, David Miller had a dream of having an SCC vehicle used for student recruitment. One that kids would notice. North Mankato Campus Foundation Executive Director, Tami Reuter turned that dream into a reality when she landed an amazing donation from Mankato Motors! Tami and President Stover just received SCC’s new recruit-mobile during ceremonies at Mankato Motors on Thursday, January 19th. The fun began earlier when SCC’s Graphic Communications students were asked to design custom paint to adorn our vehicle. Dozens of designs were submitted and an SCC committee narrowed the selection to three designs. Mankato Motors then had the three designs on display at their dealership. Mankato Motors customers and employees then voted on the best design. A computer career student provided vision for a Facebook presence that would track the progress of our car while the Auto Body students painted the car and Computer Integrated Machining students added some “bling”. This is the ultimate public relations project that is involving many of our departments and providing an excellent opportunity to show off our technical expertise! Thanks to all of those involved in every aspect of this project!
If you stop by Mankato Motors be sure to extend your appreciation for this awesome donation to our college.
Steve Pottenger has done a marvelous job of creating a site that lets us easily update and promote the progress on the Chevy Cruze. Check out the site at: http://cruze.southcentral.edu
P.S. David Miller now dreams of an awesome sound system for the new “wheels”!! We’ll see what happens with that request!
Two New Commercials!
We are just making a few minor changes to two new 30-second commercials---one featuring our technical careers, the other shows the attributes of SCC’s Liberal Arts Education. We’ll be previewing the commercials soon! We’ll have TV buys and coverage on the local theatres beginning this spring.
The Marketing Committee has chosen the design for our upcoming viewbook. This is the initial inquiry piece that is given to prospective students. We’re planning to get a photo of our new Chevy Cruze recruitment vehicle to add to the publication. Our new viewbook should be ready for use in mid-March.
Marketing & Recruitment Meeting---Don’t miss the fun!
We invite you to join the creative group of SCC faculty and staff that love to provide input on our marketing and recruitment goals. Our next meeting is scheduled for Wednesday, February 8th from 2:00-3:30 PM in B106 (Faribault) and C129 in North Mankato. Please join us!
- SCC North Mankato Campus Foundation News - October 2011
- 2011 N. Mankato Scholarship Award Photos
- SCC North Mankato Campus Foundation News - May 2011
- SCC North Mankato Campus Foundation News - April 2011
- SCC North Mankato Campus Foundation News - March 2011
- SCC North Mankato Campus Foundation News - February 2011
- SCC Academic Honors List, Fall 2010
- SCC North Mankato Campus Foundation News - December 2010
- North Mankato Campus Foundation News - November 2010
- North Mankato Campus Foundation Update - October 2010
- North Mankato Campus Foundation Update - May 2010
- North Mankato Campus Foundation Update - March 2010
- The Mankato Clinic Foundation awards $16,000 grant to South Central College - February 2010
- Mankato Campus Foundation Update - February 2010