Transfer students are students who have attended an accredited college or university and have earned credit. Transfer students must must be in good academic and financial standing. Students that have been suspended will be required to submit an Admissions Appeal no later than 14 calendar days prior to the start of the term. The deadline for appeal documents for Spring 2015 is December 29, 2014.
South Central College encourages completion of the application process early to assure the best course availability.
|January 5, 2015
June 1, 2015
|August 10, 2015
- Submit to SCC a completed application by using our Online Application or print out an Application Form and send in the completed form to the college. Both methods require payment of a one-time $20 non-refundable fee for your application to be processed.
- Submit an official high school transcript or official GED transcript. Transcripts must be official and should be sent directly to SCC.
- Schedule and complete the Accuplacer assessment. Official transcripts will determine if you are exempt from completing the Accuplacer.
- Submit official college transcripts from all colleges previously attended. SCC may be able to obtain your official transcript from any of the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities at no charge to you. If we are unable to obtain your transcript we will contact you.
Transfer of Credit
Credits for transfer from MnSCU colleges and universities shall follow the MnSCU Undergraduate Transfer Policy. South Central College will review transfer of credit for courses from colleges and universities that are not a part of MnSCU. Credits will be accepted based on comparability and applicability. Course goals, content, and level must be similar. All credits considered for transfer must have been completed with a grade of “C/2.0” or better. The official evaluation will be completed after the student is admitted to SCC.
- Evaluation of transfer is done upon initial admission to SCC. Any subsequent request for evaluation must be submitted on a Transfer Evaluation form to the Registrar’s Office.
- Students shall provide documentation (course syllabus, course description) from the college or university for the course to be transferred.
- Students may schedule an appointment with the Registrar’s Office, Transfer Specialist.
- Students will receive a copy of the Transfer of Credit Evaluation form and a copy of their revised South Central College transcript.
- Students may appeal the decision of the Transfer Credit Evaluation as outlined in the MnSCU Undergraduate Transfer Policy.
Transfer Appeal Process
If a student is not satisfied with the courses transferred in the outcome of the above Transfer of Credit process, the appeal process is as follows:
- Meet with the Transfer Coordinator to provide clarification of the transfer. The clarification process involves faculty input and evaluation of the course description. The Transfer Coordinator may require the student to produce a copy of course syllabi, and may do additional research on the course in question. The Transfer Coordinator may or may not transfer additional classes after this meeting. If the student is not satisfied with the end result of this meeting, they may proceed to the next step.
- A written appeal submitted to the Dean of Students regarding the result of the transfer. The Dean o/f Students will examine what courses have been completed and determine if any further action is necessary.