Welcome to South Central College!
We look forward to being a part of your academic future.
Here are the next steps to beginning your successful career at SCC.
1. Complete the Online Orientation.
The Online Orientation must be completed prior to attending the STAR (Student Advising and Registration) session below.
2. Reserve a date to attend the required STAR Orientation
- Go to www.southcentral.edu/star
- STAR sessions about approximately 4 hours in length. Students must be present for the entire session in order to participate in course registration.
3. Review your insurance needs and coverage
- The college is not responsible for medical or hospital services for injury in the classroom, lab or clinical. Additionally, liability insurance is required for some majors such as Practical Nursing. The College does not assume any responsibility for injuries to students. If you do not have medical insurance coverage and would like information about the MNSCU Student Injury and Sickness Insurance (underwritten by The MEGA Life and Health Insurance Company) stop by the Student Affairs Office for an informational packet and enrollment form.
4. Apply for financial aid if you haven't already done so.
- Prospective students must complete a SCC Application for Admission, be admitted to the college, and be enrolled in an approved program of study before financial aid will be awarded.
- If you were born in 1957 or later
- If you have earned a GED
- If you were born after 1978 and did not graduate from a MN high school
6. Monitor and keep track of important dates and deadlines regarding registration and financial aid.