South Central College is a Minnesota Community and Technical College with a history of academic excellence since 1946. The college has campuses in two great communities: Faribault and Mankato.
Mankato / N. Mankato area 50,000+; Faribault 23,310
Total number students served: 6,149
Full Year Equivalent: 3,100
Percent female: 58%
Percent male: 42%
Percent students of color: 12.2% (1.6% unreported)
Associate in Arts, Associate in Applied Science, Associate in Science, diplomas, and certificates.
Anime/Japanese Visual Culture, Business Professionals of America, Campus Activities Board, Campus Crusade, Collegiate DECA, Environmental Action Group, Film Club, Forensics, Phi Theta Kappa, Post Secondary Agriculture, SkillsUSA, Society of Leadership and Success, Spotlight, Student Nurses Association, Student Senate; Vets Club. (And these are JUST the Recognized Groups! We have many probationary groups as well!)
SCC does not have dormitories or other on-campus housing. Students who do not commute from home find off-campus housing through listings in SCC’s Student Affairs Center, the Chamber of Commerce or local rental agencies.
- South Central College offers a full-tuition Presidential Scholarship to high school seniors with a 3.75 grade point average who demonstrate leadership skills and school and community involvement. One Presidential Scholarship is offered on each campus annually.
- South Central College Foundations provided nearly $250,000 in student scholarships during the past year.
- South Central College has more than 50 quality program options with industry-savvy instructors. Many programs have evening degree completion opportunities.
- South Central College offers a variety of online programs and courses.
- South Central College offers career counseling and academic support services including tutoring and ADA assistance.
- South Central College emphasizes globalization and integrates an international perspective into the curriculum.
- South Central College enjoys established relationships with regional businesses and industries that provide great employment opportunities for students and graduates.
- South Central College’s Center for Business and Industry (CBI) serves over 15,000 people annually with credit and non-credit education and training. The CBI helps business, non-profit and government organizations improve their performance to meet the challenges of both global and local economies.