By Steve Mills, Systems Administrator
As we come up on the end of the semester and start thinking of graduation please don’t forget to plant the seeds for fall semester. DoIT needs to know what your needs are for technology this coming fall semester. We’ll be rotating some labs with new equipment and shuffling images around. We’d love to have all the requests in before we start this work. Please make sure to put all your software needs for fall semester before the end of spring semester. This will allow us to setup each lab with a stable tested image instead of throwing in last minute changes that can affect other software on the same machine.
As you are thinking about next years budget please keep DoIT in mind when planning for technology purchases. If you are planning on buying new computers, printers, or other technology please check with the Helpdesk on what equipment is supported or not at the college. We can also help you plan for your budget by giving you current prices on equipment you may be looking at. Additionally if you have a larger project that might require network resources you need to check with IT to make sure it will meet Mnscu and SCC security standards and not be an issue to support.
We appreciate your forethought on technology needs and look forward to helping you enhance the services of South Central College.
- Is your hard drive about to fail?
- 4 plex?
- The Learning Commons
- Is Online Learning Right for You?
- The “Learning Commons” @ SCC - March 2011
- DoIT Update - February 2011
- News from the Department of IT - December 2010
- News from the Department of IT - November 2010
- Faculty Professional Development Opportunity at the CTL Faculty Lodge! - May 2010
- News from the Department of IT - May 2010
- Microsoft Windows 7 and Office 2010
- Spring Cleaning Time! - May 2010
- Online Academic Forum - April 2010
- News from the Department of IT - April 2010
- Dropbox IT - February 2010
- Going to iTeach? - February 2010