01 April 2013
By Marsha Danielson, Dean of Economic Development
Lunch and Learn Series Continues Successful Run
Danielson selected to serve on the MnSCU Business and Industry Outreach Council.
During the February 20, 2013 Customized Training/Continuing Education Administrators meeting Marsha Danielson, SCC’s Dean of Economic Development, was elected to serve a 3-year term on the MnSCU Business and Industry Outreach Council. The vacancy arose because Kathy Schwantes, CE/CT Dean at Ridgewater College, left her position for the University of Minnesota.
The MnSCU Business and Industry Council is composed of 8 Continuing Education/ Customized Training (CE/CT) Administrators; 1 college president; 1 Chancellor’s Office representative and 1 member from community workforce and economic development leadership.The eleven member BI & O Council exists to:
- Identify emerging issues in CE/CT
- Propose, recommend and approve strategic direction for CE/CT that enhance the economic competitiveness of the state and its regions
- Advise the Office of the Chancellor on issues related to CE/CT
- Inform and promote the system’s legislative initiatives
- Ensure the appropriate use of funding and staff resources in support of CE/CT
- Support the development of communications channels among system leadership and CE/CT operations at MnSCU institutions