South Central College will have a moment of silence at 8:45 a.m. to remember September 11th.
Let us come together and take a day to remember the day that changed us forever.
“May the lives remembered, the deeds recognized, and the spirit reawakened be eternal beacons, which reaffirm respect
for life, strengthen our resolve to preserve freedom, and inspire an end to hatred, ignorance and intolerance.”
These words are the final part of the mission statement of the National September 11 Memorial & Museum at the World
Trade Center in New York City. As the nation and world mark the 12th anniversary of the 9/11 attacks, South Central
College shares the sentiments of the 9/11 Memorial and calls upon our students and employees to make Sept. 11, 2013 a
day of commemoration.
Take a moment on this day to remember and honor the thousands of innocent men, women, and children murdered by
terrorists in the horrific attacks of February 26, 1993 and September 11, 2001. Thank our local first responders for their
dedication to protecting our community.
Remember the many Americans who have served and are currently serving in our nation’s military—many of whom
enlisted as a response to the 9/11 attacks.
The moments below outline the timeline of events on September 11, 2001:
8:46 am: Hijackers deliberately crash American Airlines Flight 11 into floors 93 - 99 of the North Tower (1 WTC).
9:03 am: Hijackers deliberately crash United Airlines Flight 175 into floors 77 - 85 of the South Tower (2 WTC).
9:37 am: Hijackers deliberately crash American Airlines Flight 77 into the Pentagon, near Washington, D.C.
9:59 am: The South Tower (2 WTC) collapses.
10:03 am: After learning of the other attacks, passengers on United Airlines Flight 93 launch a counterattack on
hijackers aboard their plane to try to seize control of the aircraft. In response, the hijackers crash the plane
into an empty field near Shanksville, P.A.
10:28 am: The North Tower (1 WTC) collapses. The 16-acre World Trade Center site is in ruins, with collateral damage
affecting all adjacent properties and streets. A rescue and recovery effort begins immediately.
Inductions were held this spring on each campus inducting forty-eight new lifetime members into the Society of Leadership and Success.
North Mankato held their induction Tuesday, May 7th at 7pm in Heritage Hall. They invited instructor Peter Wruck to give a keynote address. He spoke about the three types of leaders giving examples from his own life. The ceremony was followed by a Sundae Bar for the 100 attendees.
Faribault held their induction Friday, May 10th at 6pm in the Student Commons. The keynote message given by advisor Heidi Wyn highlighted some of the speakers the inductees heard in their training like Jack Canfield and founder Gary Tuerack.
Congratulations to all the new inductees!
- Developing a Vision for Faribault Advance Technology Center
- Financial Aid Disbursement 9/13/2013
- No Tuition Increase for Two Years
- Presidential Search
- Student Satisfaction Inventory helps to identify SCC strengths
- Computer Integrated Machining FastTRAC
- SCC's New Certified Nurse Educators
- SCC Faculty/Staff Diversity Training
- Prepare for this Summer and Spring
- SCC Awards and Recognition
- Student Senate Named MSCSA Student Senate of the Year
- SCC employees participate in the City of Faribault’s Beautification Day
- Student Life
- Changes to the Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy
- Online Learning at SCC
- Right Skills Now
- Speech Team - May 2010
- SCC Students Take Top Honors at 2010 SkillsUSA State Conference
- Long Term Care Open Enrollment
- SCC salutes our Retirees--Celebrating 92 years of dedicated service to South Central College!
- Phi Theta Kappa - April 2010
- News from Engineering and Construction Technology - April 2010
- Delta Epsilon Chi State Career Development Conference Update