Get on the FastTRAC to a rewarding career in High Tech Manufacturing or Healthcare.
FastTRAC is a free program that can prepare you for college success in just six weeks. Brush up on your reading, math or computer skills – while exploring exciting careers available in the region. At the end of your FastTRAC course, you’ll be ready to begin at South Central College knowing you have what it takes to succeed!
FastTRAC: “Pathways to MANUFACTURING Careers”
Prepares you to begin SCC Mechatronics and Computer Integrated Machining programs
July 2 – August 7, 2014
Session 1: Mon/Wed/Thurs 8:30 - 11:30 am
Session 2: Mon/Wed/Thurs 1:00 - 4:00 pm
Eligibility Criteria: You may qualify if you will be at least 18 years old by Aug. 25, 2014, are legally eligible to work in the U.S. are unemployed or underemployed, are not academically prepared for college (based on Test of Adult Basic Education), have a HS Diploma or GED complete by July 1, 2014.
Requirements: To participate, students must complete TABE testing and an intake interview, be physically able to perform manufacturing work (requires heavy lifting and standing for 8 – 12 hour shifts), and commit to attending every class and about 6 hours of homework per week.
FastTRAC: “Pathways to HEALTHCARE Careers”
Prepares you to begin SCC Basic Nursing program
July 2 – August 7, 2014
- St. James/Fairmont Area: (Days/Times TBD)
- LeSueur area: Mon/Wed/Thurs 9:00 am – Noon
- Mankato area: Mon/Wed/Thurs Noon – 3:00 pm
Eligibility Criteria: You may qualify if you are 16 or older and not enrolled in high school, are legally eligible to work in the U.S., are unemployed or underemployed (part-time or low-wage incomes), are not academically prepared for college (base on Test of Adult Basic Education).
Requirements: To participate, students must call to register (application, basic skills test and interview required), complete a background study ($20), bye physically and emotionally prepared to perform healthcare work (most healthcare careers require lifting, standing for 8 hour shifts, night, weekend & holiday hours, and close contact with others), commit to attending class periods and at least 6 hours of homework per week.
For more information or to register for these FastTRAC courses, contact your area Workforce Center:
- Blue Earth or Brown County: (507) 345.5222
- Nicollet, Sibley, Waseca or LeSueur County: (507) 665.4626
- Faribault County: (507) 526.3172
- Watonwan County: (507) 375-4517
- Martin County: (507) 235-3141
Building for a Brighter Future: A Celebration of 50 Years in Faribault
Please join us for the Grand Opening of our Faribault Campus expansion as we celebrate South Central College's 50th year in Faribault.
October 2, 2014
4:00 - 7:00 PM
1225 Third Street SW, Faribault, MN
4:00 PM - Ribbon Cutting Ceremony
4:15 - 7:00 PM - Enjoy refreshments, tour the campus and learn more about South Central College
- Minnesota Advanced Manufacturing Workforce Pilot
- Some IT Resources Offline Friday/Saturday
- Travel Scholarships: Bielefeld Germany Student Ambassadors 2014
- Submit Your Action Project Idea!
- New Dean of Workforce Education and Training
- South Central Writing Festival 2013
- SCC Moment of Silence Remembrance 8:45a.m. September 11th
- National Society of Leadership 2013 Spring Inductions
- Developing a Vision for Faribault Advance Technology Center
- Financial Aid Disbursement 9/13/2013
- No Tuition Increase for Two Years
- Presidential Search
- Student Satisfaction Inventory helps to identify SCC strengths
- Computer Integrated Machining FastTRAC
- SCC's New Certified Nurse Educators
- SCC Faculty/Staff Diversity Training
- Prepare for this Summer and Spring
- SCC Awards and Recognition
- Student Senate Named MSCSA Student Senate of the Year
- SCC employees participate in the City of Faribault’s Beautification Day
- Student Life
- Changes to the Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy
- Online Learning at SCC
- Right Skills Now
- Speech Team - May 2010
- SCC Students Take Top Honors at 2010 SkillsUSA State Conference
- Long Term Care Open Enrollment
- SCC salutes our Retirees--Celebrating 92 years of dedicated service to South Central College!
- Phi Theta Kappa - April 2010
- News from Engineering and Construction Technology - April 2010