Federal School Code: 005537
- _____ Complete your FAFSA at www.fafsa.gov
Select the appropriate academic year. If you plan to attend the summer term, you must have a FAFSA for the current academic year on file. Be sure to indicate SCC's school code 005537 on your application.
- _____ Receive your Student Aid Report (SAR) from the Department of Education
You should receive an email with a link to your SAR in approximately 2-3 business days if you applied online, signed with your PIN(s), and provided a valid email address. The SAR is a summary of the information that you provided on the FAFSA. SCC will receive a copy of the SAR electronically within 3-5 business days. It takes approximately 3-6 weeks to receive the SAR if you mailed a paper FAFSA and/or did not provide a valid email address on the FAFSA. Review the SAR carefully and make any necessary corrections at www.fafsa.gov.
- _____ FAFSA Follow Up
If additional information is needed to complete your application, you will receive a letter from the Financial Aid Office.
- _____ Receive a Financial Aid Award Notification
You will be notified by email that your award notification from SCC is ready to view online through your e-services account. The notification will list the amount of grants, work-study, scholarships, and loans for which you qualify. At this time, you will have access to your personalized SCC Shopping Sheet which provides you with additional information.
- _____ Sign up for Direct Deposit
You are strongly encouraged to utilize the direct deposit option to receive excess financial aid funds in a timely and secure fashion. Sign into e-services to set up your direct deposit account. For more information, click here.
- _____ Apply for a Direct Student Loan
If you choose to accept the loans you were awarded, you must complete additional steps under the Loans section on e-services. For more information on accepting your loans, please click here.
- August 19th - 29th - Bookstore charging allowed for students that have excess financial aid funds (loan funds must be certified)
- August 25th - Fall Semester begins
- September 12th - Financial Aid disbursement
- October 7th - Late fees assessed on outstanding accounts not paid BEFORE October 7th
- December 12th - Last day to submit Direct Loan application for fall semester
- December 17th - Fall Semester ends
- January 6th - 16th - Bookstore charging allowed for students that have excess financial aid funds (loan funds must be certified)
- January 12th - Spring Semester begins
- January 30th - Financial Aid disbursement
- February 25th - Late fees assessed on outstanding accounts not paid BEFORE February 25th
- May 8th - Last day to submit Direct Loan application for spring semester
- May 13th - Spring Semester ends
For other important dates related to registration and billing, please click here.