A student may initiate a request for an incomplete grade in the event that extraordinary circumstance prevents completion of the course. Assignment of the incomplete grade is at the discretion of the instructor. The following criteria must be met before an incomplete grade will be assigned:
- The student has attended a majority of course meetings and completed a majority of the coursework requirements.
- The student must be passing the course at the time of the incomplete request.
- All remaining work must be completed by a mutually agreed upon date by the student and the instructor. (no later than 6 weeks from the end of the term during which the Incomplete was granted)
- The request for incomplete form must be submitted on the Incomplete Grade Request Form, signed by the instructor and the student, and submitted to the Academic Dean’s Office. Faculty will assign the grade of "I" online when submitting all grades.
- Refer to Incomplete Grade Form for due date and grade options.
- The student shall not re-register for the course while completing the remaining work.
- If the remaining work is not completed by the 6th week of the next term, the “I” reverts to the grade of “F.”
Incomplete Coursework Form