To stay informed on updates, changes, and upcoming events in the Nursing Program, prospective and current students are encouraged to explore the upcoming events that apply to them. For further information on any one event, click on the corresponding link or contact the nursing department.
Nursing Informational Sessions
Individuals who would like to meet with the pre-nursing advisor and/or who wish to learn more about the pre-nursing/nursing program should attend one of our monthly Info Sessions. Sessions are scheduled for two hours each. Participants should arrive 5 - 10 minutes early for check-in before the session. Some Topics that will be discussed:
- Steps on becoming a pre-nursing student
- Differences between pre-nursing and nursing programs
- Program Policies
- Admission criteria
- Entrance exam requirements
- A question/answer period is included
- Attendance at one Info Session is a required component to the core-nursing application
Topics that can be addressed during an advising session:
- How to read your Degree Audit Report including if transfer work is show
- Know which classes to take and in which order
- Questions about applying to the program
- Questions about planning to successfully pursue a 4-year program after completing the Nursing Program at South Central College
Nursing Program Students that have both completed the Nursing Program application and who have also been accepted into the Core Nursing Program are assigned to a faculty member as an advisor. You are encourage to speak with your advisor regularly regarding your courses and your clinical related questions. Refer to your Degree Audit Report in your E-Services account to locate your advisor.