Re-entry students are students who have interrupted their studies at SCC and now have the desire to resume their academic work.
- Submit to SCC a completed application by using our Online Application or print out an Application Form and send in the completed form to the college.
- Submit an official college transcript from all colleges attended since the last term of attendance at SCC. SCC may be able to obtain your official transcript from any of the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities at no charge to you. If we are unable to obtain your transcript we will contact you. For information on how courses may transfer to SCC, please review the Transferology link via the SCC Transfer Made Easy link.
- Complete the Accuplacer if needed. Accuplacer Reading and Sentence Skills are valid for three years, Math scores are valid for two years.
- Students that have been suspended from SCC or another college will be required to submit an Appeal Form after completing the re-admission process at South Central College. Appeals will not be considered until students complete the admissions process. Appeals will be evaluated by a committee on a first come/first serve basis. If an appeal is submitted with 14 calendar days prior to the start of the semester there is no guarantee that the student will be able to register for the semester they are trying to register for.
- Students that are re-admitted after a more than one-year absence are required to complete the on-line orientation and attend an on-campus STAR session. The steps for completing this process can be found on the "I'm Admitted Now What?" page.
South Central College encourages completion of the application process early to assure the best availability for academic programs and courses as they may fill up.
Summer 2017 Priority Admissions Deadline: May 19th, 2017
Fall 2017 Priority Admissions Deadline: August 4th, 2017
Spring 2017 Priority Admissions Deadline: December 8th, 2017