South Central College’s academic advisors are dedicated to enhancing each student’s academic goals, while assisting students in making decisions and developing educational and career plans. At SCC, students are advised by both faculty advisors and professional advisors.
Advisors are available to assist students with advising regarding:
- College readiness assessment interpretation
- Degree and program selection
- Course selection and class scheduling
- Academic challenges and concerns
- Degree and graduation requirements
- Degree audits (DARS)
- Campus resources available for students
Meeting with Your Program Advisor is Easy!
Every program at South Central College has its own advising system. Students in technical programs (i.e. Marketing, Agribusiness, OTEC, etc.) are assigned faculty advisors and professional advisor. Technical students may contact their assigned advisor directly to set up an appointment. Students in the Associate of Arts program are advised by the professional advisors listed below. Appointment requests for A.A. or Pre-Nursing advising may be made by contacting your advisor through email or by phone. Please see the advisor contact information listed below to make a meeting request.
Preparing for your Meeting
Be sure to bring a writing utensil, a recent DARS, and any program guide information you have used in the past. Also, consider writing down the questions that you have so that you can get all of them answered! We recommend that you keep a binder/folder of your program information and bring this each time you meet with your advisor.
Office Hours and Locations:
- On both the North Mankato and Faribault Campuses advising staff are located in the Student Affairs Center. Office hours are from 7:30AM to 4:30PM Monday through Friday.