- Total number of students served: 5,481
- Full-time students: 49%
- Part-time students: 51%
- Percent female: 50%
- Percent male: 48%
- Percent students of color: 16%
- Courses are available at two campuses in Faribault and North Mankato, as well as online.
- Technical and Professional programs prepare students for a variety of careers in the following areas: Advanced Manufacturing, Agribusiness, Allied Health & Nursing, Automotive, Building & Design and Business Careers.
- Liberal Arts & Sciences programs enable students to earn a two-year Associate of Arts degree at South Central College and transfer those credits to a four-year university to pursue a Bachelor's degree.
- Programs are added to meet student and employer demand, including two new offerings in fall 2015 - Carpentry and Visual Arts.
- International perspectives are integrated into the curriculum, with several international travel experiences available to students.
- Smaller class sizes and individualized attention provide the perfect environment for student success.
- Abundant academic support services including tutoring and ADA assistance ensure all students thrive.
- $300,000+ in scholarships are awarded annually by South Central College's Foundations.
- Extensive relationships between the college and businesses throughout the region provide opportunities for student internships, apprenticeships and permanent employment.
- Partnerships with educational institutions within the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities system and beyond provide a smooth transition to the next stage of a student’s education.
- Customized training and workforce education options are available through South Central's Center for Business and Industry.